National Alliance for Human rights and Social Justice – Nepal (Human Rights Alliance) – Associate Member
2 September 2019 11:05 am
Tel: 977-01-5548321,5548040 Fax: 977-01-5549093About:
National Alliance for Human Rights and Social Justice (Human Rights Alliance), Nepal is a Coalition of human rights organisations dedicated to a cause of freedom, human rights, justice and peace in Nepal. It was established in 1999 by the initiation of some leading human rights organisations in order for bringing together like-minded human rights organisations to build a nationwide human rights movement conducive for all to realise their basic rights. The organisation envisages a world where people would assert and enjoy all human rights, and thereby experience peace and prosperity. The mandate of the organisation is to advocate for a society that is free from violence, torture, exploitation, oppression and injustice. The Alliance is a national level umbrella body of human rights and social justice based social organizations, run by the democratically elected representatives.
A Prosperous Society with Human Rights and Social Justice
Enabling CSOs and the people from all classes and sectors to claim and enjoy their rights through advocacy, networking and partnership
- Coordination and cooperation at local, province, national and international level and building referendum (public opinion) for institutional development and consolidation of democracy and augmentation of good governance
- Promotion, protection and monitor Economic, Social, Cultural rights and fundamental rights through mobilizing Human Rights Defenders for each local unit of the country.
- To create conducive environment for the realisation of the need of regular monitoring of human rights situation by mobilising civic organisations and HR defenders through campaigns, rallies and demonstration.
- To ensure peoples' participation for their full enjoyment of rights through issue-based policy advocacy, action research and networking based on the principle of inter-sectionality and incompatible with fundamentals rights ensured by the new constitution.
- To strengthen human rights documentation for maintaining archives and lobby with the state and non-state actors for promoting the entitlements of the marginalised, excluded, vulnerable communities (Women, Dalits Children, PWD, Senior citizen, indigenous communities etc)
- To make stronger networks on climate justice, right to food, humanitarian accountability monitoring, accountability promotion and campaign against inequality to build a just and prosperous society.
Members and Organizational Structure
Human Rights Alliance is a membership based network which has more than 14 hundred members over the country. It has a well functioned central committee, 7 province committees and 77 district committees as well.
Values and Principles
- Recognition of inter-sectionality
- Inclusive growth and fair development
- Economic, social and cultural rights are the fundamental right
- No activities against nation and nationality
- All human rights for all
- Recognition of international conventions
- Preoperational representation
- Respect for democratic norms and principles
- In favour of victims and impartiality
- Realisation of human rights and humanitarian responsibility
National and international Networks
Human Rights Alliance has secretariat of different national networks of the country that include Right to Food Network, Nepal (RtFN), Humanitarian Accountability Monitoring Initiative (HAMI). The Alliance is one of the chairs in the past of Magna-Meet, member of Campaign on Climate Justice in Nepal (CCJN).
Alliance is a member of regional networks of South Asian Alliance for Poverty Eradication (SAAPE), Asian Peoples Movement on Debt and Development (APMDD), Peace and Collaborative Development Network (PCDN), Associate member of Forum Asia.Contact Person:
Padma Prasad Khatiwada
Sanepa, Lalitpur, Nepal
P.O. Box: 9993