South India Cell for Human Rights Education and Monitoring (SICHREM)
14 December 2016 11:41 am
Tel: 080-25473922 / 25804072-73 Fax: +91-80-25492856About:
SICHREM was established in 1995. Its vision is for human rights to be household concepts. Its mission is to empower the disempowered groups of Dalits, tribes, women and children and to protect their individual and collective rights for a dignified life through concerted action, education and advocacy by civil society.
Objectives of the organisation are to:
• Maintain a documentation centre and disseminate information and other support services to human rights groups and activists, students and the larger public,
• Conduct fact-finding missions on human rights violations and conduct
• Support the struggle for justice and the right to a livelihood for minorities and the underprivileged, and
• Network with rights groups and activists and explore areas of mutual support and common activities.
• SICHREM has established District Human Rights Centers in five districts of Karnataka (Kolar, Mysore, Hassan, Chamrajnagar and Haveri),
• Human Rights Helpline: Free legal counselling on matters of human rights,
• Provide legal counsel to victims,
• Monitor and document human rights violations,
• Investigate and intervene in serious human rights violations, and
• Provide human rights education.
Mathews Philip (Executive Director): firstname.lastname@example.orgAddress:
35,1st Floor, Anjanappa Complex, Hennur Main Road, Lingarajapuram,
St. Thomas Town Post,
Bangalore - 560084, Karnataka, India