Call for Applications: 2nd Glocal Advocacy Leadership in Asia Academy (GALA Academy)
6 May 2014 4:38 pm
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA), Asian Development Alliance (ADA) and Asian Democracy Network (ADN) gladly announce the call for applications for the 2nd Glocal Advocacy Leadership in Asia Academy (GALA Academy) to be held in Bangkok, Thailand on 27 July- 2 August 2014. FORUM-ASIA will be the local host.
The aim of the 2nd GALA Academy is to strengthen the international advocacy capacity of the mid- and high-level staff in CSOs and thereby facilitating second-tier leadership for strategic “glocal (global and local)” actions on key human rights, development and democracy issues as well as related regional and international processes.
The specific objectives of the 2nd GALA Academy are:
1) to develop an understanding of the international policy-agenda and processes related to human rights, development and democracy in the context of Post-2015 Development Agenda;
2) to improve strategic and critical thinking by linking global discourses and local contexts; and
3) to enhance collaboration among CSOs in the region in developing cross-sectoral advocacy action plans based on collective analysis.
This weeklong training is aimed at full time mid- or high-level staff in a national, sub-regional (South, Southeast and Northeast Asia) or regional NGO/CSO in Asia who:
- have a minimum 3 years experience in the field of policy and advocacy on human rights or/and development;
- are committed to work in the same organization at least until the end of 2015;
- have sufficient knowledge and experiences related to MDGs, Post-2015 Development Agenda, democracy-related issues and/or national/regional/UN human rights mechanisms; and
- can communicate in English (both spoken and written)
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to fill out the online application form application form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17Le1I_0tABBRTX61Xy6m88ay8wbbIggPR2whBbcUiKA/viewform and submit a letter of recommendation from the head of their organization to [email protected] by FRIDAY 23 MAY 2014.
For further details on the learning goals and objectives, the programme outline as well as the selection process of the 2nd GALA Academy, please refer to the brochure. For any further inquiries or information on the 2nd GALA Academy, please contact us at galaacademy[email protected].