Learning from Transitional Justice Initiatives in South East Asia
3 August 2016 5:22 pm
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) along with The Commission for the Disappeared and Victims of Violence (KontraS) – Indonesia, Hak Association – Timor-Leste, Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR) – Timor-Leste, Asosiasaun Chega ba Ita (ACbIT) – Timor-Leste, Burma Partnership, Task Force Detainees of Philippines (TFDP) – Philippines and Solidarity for ASEAN Peoples’ Advocacies (SAPA) will organise a workshop on 4 August 2016 at ASEAN Civil Society Conference/ ASEAN Peoples’ Forum 2016, Dili Convention Center (Centru Convensaun Dili/CCD), Dili, Timor-Leste.
The workshop will focus on sharing the importance of truth-telling regarding the human rights violations in the past, to continue to remind governments of Indonesia and Timor-Leste on the implementation of the recommendations of the Commission of Truth & Friendship and to build and strengthen regional solidarity in campaigning for state accountability on the past human rights violations.
- Maria Manuela Leong (ACbIT, Timor-Leste)
- Tioria Pretty Stephanie (IKOHI, Indonesia)
- Haris Azhar (Kontras, Indonesia)
- Khin Ohmar (Burma Partnership)
- Egay Cabalitan Jr (TFDP, the Philippines)
- Member of CTF from Timor-Leste/ Provedor of Human Rights and Justice of Timor-Leste (to be confirmed)