10th Regional ANNI Consultation (7-8 March 2017)
1 March 2017 4:27 pm
The Regional Consultation of the Asian NGO Network on National Human Rights Institutions (ANNI) is an annual strategy and planning meeting of all ANNI members and partners. This year, the 10th ANNI Regional Consultation is jointly organised by the Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) and its local member organisation; Korean House for International Solidarity (KHIS). 25 participants from ANNI members and partners will attend the consultation which will take place in Seoul, South Korea from 7-8 March 2017.
The goal and objectives of the 10th Regional Consultation are:
1. To assess ANNI’s work in 2017 (review of the Action Points 2016 as well as identify gaps, challenges, achievements for conclusion of ANNI Action Points 2017);
2. To share updates and developments regarding the human rights issues, situations and violations as well as developments concerning NHRIs, including their interventions in addressing chronic and institutional issues, in countries as well as in the region;
3. To develop advocacy strategies and action points towards the establishment and improved work and functioning of Asian NHRIs;
4. To develop a more effective functioning and management of ANNI as a network, including through ANNI Advisory Committee.
5. To decide on the framework, guidelines and timetable for the ANNI Report 2017.