13rd ANNI Regional Consultation on 11-12 February 2020 in Taipei, Taiwan
4 February 2020 3:57 pm
On 11-12 February 2020, the Asian NGO Network on National Human Rights Institutions (ANNI), its FORUM-ASIA, and its member Covenants Watch are co-holding ANNI’s annual Regional Consultation in Taipei, Taiwan. The annual consultation will take into account the developments and discussions from previous regional consultations and conferences. Around 20 participants from ANNI member organisations will participate in this consultation. They will review the 2019 action points and assess ANNI’s performance. They will also share the development of the human rights situation and the National Human Rights Institutions (NHRI) in their respective countries.
The objectives of the two-day consultation are:
- To share updates and developments regarding human rights issues, situations and violations as well as developments concerning NHRIs;
- To assess ANNI’s work in the past five years through reviewing its Action Points as well as identifying gaps, challenges, and achievements;
- To develop an ANNI strategic plan road map and advocacy strategies towards the establishment, improved work and functioning of Asian NHRIs;
- To develop a framework that supports the efficiency, functioning, and management of ANNI as a network;
- To decide on the framework, guidelines, and timetable for the ANNI Report 2020.