From Our Member Suara Rakyat Malaysia (SUARAM) – Animation Video on the rights if you are stopped, detained or investigated by the police
9 December 2021 9:17 pm
What to do if stopped or detained by the police?
SUARAM, FORUM-ASIA member based in Malaysia has released a video on your rights if you are stopped, detained or investigated by the police which includes:
1) The information you need to request and provide by the police when you are dismissed;
2) Information that needs to be provided by the police after you are arrested;
3) Your rights while in detention;
4) Extended detention process, exceeding 24 hours by the court;
5) The interrogation process and the right to remain silent;
5) What you can do if your rights are violated.
Protect yourself and family members from abuse of power.
Watch the video: