Asian Human Rights Defender (Vol. 5 No. 2, September 2009)
15 October 2009 12:00 pm
Accountable, Independent, Effective
List of Articles
• Making human rights body accountable through regional solidarity
• Can AICHR promote and protect human rights?
• Political Declaration must set clear guidelines
• ASEAN urged to set up human rights court
• ASEAN framework instrument for migrant workers must be legally binding
• ASEAN must promote Indigenous peoples rights according to UNDRIP
• Burma: A benchmark for ASEAN’s success or failure
• Windows of opportunities to advance ESCR in Asia
• Political economy of climate change
• Holding business corporations and transnational companies accountable to ESCR violations
• FTA is not just about trade, but human rights
• Say no to International Financial Institutions
• Justice for Munir, justice for all!
• People’s courage against martial law
• Controversial video: Independent, international investigation urgently needed
• Solidarity key to resolve human rights abuses in Yongsan
• Asian NGOs engage with NHRIs at various levels
• Window dressing weakens ASEAN
• Special Procedures need more respect from Member States
• Support competitive elections!
• Get involved and support the OP!
• Break the silence over LGBT issues with regional solidarity