FORUM-ASIA is looking to hire a South Asia Programme Manager to be based at its Kathmandu office in Nepal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Management Team (SMT), the South Asia Programme Manager shall do the following:
- Programme Management and Coordination
- Planning and Budgeting
- Programme Implementation
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participation and Representation
Basic Qualifications and Criteria
Masters degree in the field of human rights or a related subject such as human rights, politics, social sciences, international relations, international law, development studies, or Asian studies.
Selection Criteria: Essential
- A minimum of seven years of experience in the field of human rights – preferably with national and regional/international NGOs working in the field of human rights;
- In-depth understanding of the overall socio-political situation as well as the human rights situation in South Asia;
- In-depth understanding of the actual application and implementation of international human rights instruments in a variety of situations;
- Good relationship building, advocacy and lobbying skills with various stakeholders (e.g., SAARC, government officials, diplomats, NGOs, NHRIs, media etc.);
- Excellent report writing ability and organisational strategising and planning, using Result Based Management (RBM) or Logical Framework Analysis (LFA) tools;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis abilities;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Ability to lead a team and collaborate with others in a multicultural and demanding working environment with cross-programme coordination; and
- Strong intrinsic motivation and positive attitude
Selection Criteria: Desirable
- Good understanding of the history and work of FORUM-ASIA;
- Experience in programme management in regional/international NGOs in Asia; and
- Ability to facilitate forums/workshops and manage group activities.
Click here to download a complete job description.
Applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form and return the form by email together with a self-introduction letter and two recommendation letters to email@example.com before 25 October 2019, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), stating “South Asia Programme Manager Application_Your Full Name” in the subject line. Late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview to be conducted in Bangkok or by Skype. The interview may include a written or practical assessment.
FORUM-ASIA is looking for a Programme Associate for its Communication and Media Programme. The ideal candidate should have: at least a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in international law, political/social sciences, communications or other relevant field; 1-2 years experience in human rights or related fields; practical knowledge of international human rights standards, mechanisms and practices; experience with digital security or related fields; familiarity or experience with websites and social media. Click here to download the complete job description.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form and send it by email together with a self-introduction letter and two recommendation letters (both in .pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 October 2019, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), stating ‘Communication and Media Programme Associate Application_ Your Full Name’ in the subject line. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview to be conducted in Bangkok or via Skype after the passing of the deadline. The interview may include a written or a practical test.