FORUM-ASIA is looking for a research consultant to develop a human rights and gender analysis on the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework. The consultant will have at least a master’s degree in a relevant field, with proven experience of human rights research and advocacy, particularly in the area of ASEAN and regional human rights mechanisms. The consultant will have a proven ability to write fluently in English. Click here to download the complete Term of Reference of the vacancy.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form and send it by email together with a resume, self-introduction letter, two references contact information, and samples of relevant manuscripts (unedited) to email@example.com before 15 April 2021, midnight Jakarta Time (UTC+7), stating “ASEAN Research Consultant_NAME” in the subject line. Late application will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview from 20 April 2021. The selection process may include a written or practical assessment.
Re-advertisement of Strategic Plan Development Consultant
“Applicants who have applied for this position during the previous advertisement period are kindly requested to refrain from re-applying.”
The consultant/ consultancy will work under the direct guidance of the Senior Management Team (SMT) of FORUM-ASIA. The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Programme will serve as the primary contact point.
The consultant will be asked to lead on the following activities:
- Review and adaptation of existing programme strategic guide, recent evaluation reports and theory of change templates and finalising an overall strategy template in the inception report of the consultancy.
- Adaptation and application of modern day strategy development tools and methodologies such as stakeholder analysis, power and gender analysis, environmental and climate change screening and mapping tools etc.
- Ensuring a participatory and inclusive process with involvement of all stakeholders.
- Ensuring privacy and non-disclosure of sensitive data and information.
- The consultancy will be for a period of 4-5 months with a start date in the first week of May 2021.
Essential Criteria: skills and experience required:
The consultant/ consultancy should have the following individual/ collective skills and qualifications:
- A consultant or a team of consultants with advanced degree in the field of human rights, international relations/ affairs, or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the areas of human rights, justice, peace and
- sustainable development in Asia. Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience of using a ToC framework approach of developing strategies preferably for NGOs working on human rights.
- Demonstrated experience of designing and implementing participatory research methodologies.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of using Results Based Management principles in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Ability to consolidate and triangulate data and derive meaningful information from multiple sources.
- Flexible, organized, and ability to perform in high stress environments.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement).
Desirable skills and experience; Preferable
- A consulting firm registered and based in Thailand.
- A diverse team representing a range of Asian, Gender, Racial and linguistic identities.
- Firms and/or individuals with teams based or having access to sub-regions such as East Asia, South-East Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.
Click here to download a complete job description.
Interested applicants are requested to send the documents mentioned in section 12 to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23 April 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), with subject: Consultancy: Strategic Plan Development Application_NAME. Late applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
FORUM-ASIA is hiring a Fellow for its ANNI (Asian NGO Network on National Human Rights Institutions) Programme in Bangkok, Thailand. The ideal candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of human rights, or a related subject such as sociology, politics, international development, international relations, international law, or Asian studies; at least one year of experience in the field of human rights, preferably working with NHRIs; understanding of the overall socio-political situation as well as the human rights situation in the Asian region, and practical knowledge of international human rights standards, mechanisms and practices; excellent research and documentation skills, and knowledge of research software (i.e NVivo/ATLAS.ti/MAXQDA etc) is an advantage; good analytical, communication, and report drafting and writing skills. Click here to download the complete job announcement.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in the Fellowship Application Form and return it by email together with a resume and cover letter (both in .pdf files) explaining why you are interested in the position to email@example.com before 26 April 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), stating “NHRI Programme Fellow Application_NAME” in the subject line.
Please note that late applications will not be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of the selection.
FORUM-ASIA is hiring an East Asia Programme Associate for its East Asia and ASEAN Programme in Bangkok, Thailand. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of human rights or a related subject such as politics, social sciences, international relations, international law, development studies or South Asia studies; minimum 2 years of work experience in the field of human rights and understanding of the overall socio-political situation as well as human rights situation in the South East Asia and North East Asia sub-regions and good knowledge of the current socio-political situation in Asia. Click here to download the complete job announcement.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form and send it by email together with a self-introduction letter and two recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 March 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), stating “East Asia Programme Associate Application_NAME” in the subject line. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview after 31st March 2021. The selection process may include a written or practical assessment.
FORUM-ASIA is looking for creative freelance Copy Editors (English), Videographers and Video Editors, Animators, Graphic Designers and Interpreters (Thai/English, Nepali/English) to produce high quality and visualised materials to expand the organisation’s outreach, both off line and online.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, graphic design, journalism, social science.
- Practical experiences in creating audience-engaging communication materials
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in an Asian language is highly desirable
- Professional affiliations and licenses an asset
- Formal training on communication an asset
- For interpreters – Ability to interpret from English to Thai/Nepali and vice versa
- Copy editor (English)
- Videographer and editor
- Graphic Designer
Click here to download a complete job description.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in the Application Form and return it by email together with CV, your portfolio and a cover letter (all in .pdf files) to email@example.com with subject: Freelancer POSITION Application_NAME” (e.g. Freelancer Animator Application_Your Full Name) in the subject line.