South Asia Country Programme
FORUM-ASIA’s South Asia Country Programme aims for the consolidation of human rights and the democratic movement in South Asia.
- To enhance transparency, accountability and democratic governance of the South Asian countries through restoring rule of law and security sector reform (SSR).
- To promote the establishment of sub-regional human rights mechanism in SAARC.
- To strengthen the protection and support for victims of human rights violations and abuses in South Asia.
- To sensitize South Asian governments on the effective enforcement of ESC rights.
- To reduce impunity and restore rule of law in South Asia.
- To consolidate and expand membership in South Asia in quantity and quality.