ASEAN Advocacy Programme
FORUM-ASIA’s ASEAN Advocacy Programme aims to enhance the independence and effectiveness of the ASEAN human rights mechanisms through increased public participation.
- To enhance the effectiveness of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commmission on Human Rights (AICHR) and ASEAN Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Women and Children (ACWC)
- To ensure that the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration is in compliance to international human rights law and standard
- To increase public awareness on the AICHR and ACWC
- To enhance integration of human rights in the three pillars of ASEAN
- To strengthen CSO engagement with ASEAN and ASEAN Hu-man Rights Mechanism