East Asia and ASEAN Programme
FORUM-ASIA’s East Asia and ASEAN Programme supports the work of FORUM-ASIA’S member organisations at the national level. Moreover, it aims to enhance the independence and effectiveness of the ASEAN human rights mechanisms by strengthening the participation of civil society. It does so through various activities such as: workshops; trainings; national and regional consultations between civil society organisations and representatives of the AICHR and ASEAN Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Right of Women and Children (ACWC); and other forms of information sharing.
- To enhance the effectiveness of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commmission on Human Rights (AICHR) and ASEAN Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Women and Children (ACWC)
- To ensure that the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration is in compliance to international human rights law and standard
- To increase public awareness on the AICHR and ACWC
- To enhance integration of human rights in the three pillars of ASEAN
- To strengthen CSO engagement with ASEAN and ASEAN Human Rights Mechanism